This article is still under construction. Contact Us for more information about the NA2T Upgrade
For now, enjoy these other write-ups and sources for your NA2T or turbocharger upgrade information
Na2T XenonZCar Write-up:
Na2T XenonZCar Write-up:
Note that this list is derived from my NA2T Upgrade. If you are using stock parts to convert an NA motor to a stock turbo setup, the list will look different. Using stock parts will be cheaper but will only yield close to 200hp similar to stock turbo motors. Stock setups do not include an intercooler and thus it is not recommended to run more than about 10psi of boost on a stock setup. NA cars also have higher compression ratios than stock turbo motors which means knock, or pre-detonation, has a greater likelihood in an NA car. Keep these in mind when upgrading your car to a turbo. Using high-octane fuel is highly recommended in any turbocharged car.
- Turbo (Largest to fit (without extensive modification) in the stock location is an hx35)
- Turbo Exhaust Manifold (drivers side if sticking with stock location)
- Downpipe. Most likely custom if upgrading turbo or stock if using stock turbo and manifold.
- Turbo engine crossmember. From a parts car
- Turbo Z31 Oil pan (or na with oil drain welded on). PuckerFactory upgrade here.
- Larger Injectors suited to your build. I purchased 550cc G37 injectors on eBay (no longer available). These are e85 compatible.
- Intake piping. I purchased this kit plus any extra odds and ends from Amazon/eBay.
- Motor mount bracket. From a parts car
- Alternator bracket (for 84-86 cars only). From a parts car
- ECU (Matches injector resistance and O2 sensor)
- Fuel Pressure Regulator. Don't skimp on this. Solid fuel pressure is important to keep your car from exploding. I purchased mine on Amazon.
- Larger fuel pump. I purchased a Walbro 450lph (e85 compatible) pump on eBay (no longer available).
- Turbo oil feed line kit. I purchased a DNA Motoring kit on Amazon. Note that I found the pre-made line to be too long and required looping to fit and eventually it kinked, limiting the oil to the turbo. I recommend creating a custom line.
- Blow off valve and pipe adapter. Both were from DNA Motoring on Amazon
- Intercooler. This is important depending on how much boost you will run. I purchased this Sport JDM intercooler on Amazon which is probably overkill.
- Various silicone adapters. The intercooler piping kit I chose is 2.5in because it will supposedly fit over the radiator without cutting anything. The intercooler I chose has 3in inlet/outlets so I purchased these 2.5 to 3in adapters.